Sunday 13 January 2013

Vintage Dresses

Source(google.com.pk)
Vintage Dresses Biography
Born and raised in the Seattle area after school I headed down south to Los Angeles, CA to pursue my love of fashion. Here I attended the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising or FIDM where I received a AA Degree in Fashion Merchandise Marketing.

Since the small age of five I had been taking my moms old scraps of socks and blankets and sewing clothes for my barbies or anything I could get my hands on. So I knew at a very young age that this was the right career for me!

After college I traveled around the country for 8 years working on several film productions. I have done everything from constructing my own garmets, dying & distressing fabrics, working as a costumer on set and finally designing several feature films. I also do light hair and makeup so I can complete the look from head to toe!

A dream of mine had always been to open up my own clothing boutique, so in 2005 that dream came true. My shop is called ISH Vintage Clothing and is located in Bremerton, WA. It has been a fun adventure and a big success. I carry mens, womens and childrens vintage garmets that date back to the early 1920’s and going through the 1980’s. Most of the pieces in my shop have either been designed or collected by me in my travels throughout. the years.

On top of my vintage clothing collection I also have a large stock of comtemporary wardrobe. Anything you need I have it!

In 2005 I also started working on more commecial motion picture and print location and studio work. There is no job to big or small for me. I am a highly organized stylist with a love for travel, adventure and people. I enjoy working outdoors and I will always have a smile on my face and will adapt to whatever the job requires.

Whenever Nataya’s marvelous creations are on display, a mist of wonder hangs in the air. A myriad of details sprinkle the dress and yet it all appears airy light while blending Belle Epoch, Baroque, and oriental ornaments, what connoisseurs acclaim as “Wearable Art”. From Ann Hathaway to Katie Holmes, some of the world’s most discerning women have shined in Nataya.

At an early age Nataya showed broad artistic inclinations. At 11 she was making her first dresses from handy materials and accessories. Interiors are also an art and an inspiration to her, all carefully dotted with her own paintings.

Her life began in a remote corner of the globe, in Tashkent, then the capital of the Soviet Republic of Uzbekistan. From architecture to craftsmanship, the place was a rare fusion of the Western European, Russian, and Oriental influences.

After settling in California as a teenager and having indulged in a number of art forms, Nataya finally found her strongest calling in bringing art and passion to women’s attire - seeking to fully unlock the glow of every woman and to make every woman exude inspiration to herself and others. Nataya, an every day Wearable Art fashion phenomenon, was born.

In recent years Nataya has been dividing her time between Paris, Rome, and Los Angeles courting the muse in the fabric of beauty of France, Italy, and California to the every day delight of women everywhere.
Amidst the extreme fashions of the 1960s & 70s emerged an unpretentious American designer who left a lasting imprint on the fashion world. Roy Halston, a young milliner-turned-couture king from the mid-West, developed classic collections and classy clientele that has since been unsurpassed. He was known for fluid and draped lines, columnar dresses and minimalist, timeless separates that could be worn with confidence year after year. His customers, who included Liza Minnelli, Barbara Walters, Jackie Onassis and Katharine Graham, were attracted to Halston's cordial and practical service. Many clients appreciated his goal of dressing them according to their own desires, not according to a frivolous high-fashion ideal.
Halston first began designing for the elite as a milliner, presenting his designs adjacent to a hair salon in Chicago's Ambassador Hotel in the mid-1950s. He was soon learning on the job under Lilly Dache` and making hats for Oscar de la Renta, who was early in his own career at the time. Until his last collection, Halston might have felt he was a milliner-turned-clothing designer, as he kept two milliners on his staff despite the minimal need for hats into the 1980s.

Halston's own first clothing collection was presented in New York in 1968, in a comfortable bohemian space unlike the purist, overbearing architecture previously common to couture houses. He quickly became a trusted designer and personal friend to the Beautiful People, spending many evenings with them at the famed disco Studio 54. Halston called this "the best show in town", as he could engage in conservation while observing his clients (and potential clients), studying them all through the lens of a designer.
His company blossomed in the 1970s with draped and seamless evening wear, Ultrasuede dresses, spiral-seamed gowns, and cashmere tops & tunics. Over time, the various Halston lines were differentiated with Roman numerals (I through VI), and he quickly expanded his range, creating plus-size fashions with Pat Ast as inspiration, and using the Halston name on perfumes and luggage. Though his designs have become classics, Halston's own success diminished rather quickly, ending with his last personally designed collection in 1984.
Vintage Dresses
Vintage Dresses
Vintage Dresses
Vintage Dresses
Vintage Dresses
Vintage Dresses
Vintage Dresses
Vintage Dresses
Vintage Dresses
Vintage Dresses
Vintage Dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment