Saturday 12 January 2013

Mother Of The Groom Dresses

Source(google.com.pk)
Mother Of The Groom Dresses Biography
Finding Modest Dresses for the Mother of the Bride or Groom

Wedding plans naturally revolve around the couple to be married – the wedding dress, the reception hall, and the bride’s bouquet – but the dresses for the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom have to be planned carefully, too. How do you choose an appropriate dress for your daughter or son’s wedding?

Colors for Mother of the Bride Dresses

It’s a good idea to wait to buy your dress until the color scheme for the wedding has been nailed down. Why? Because in your family pictures, you will stick out like a sore thumb if the bride’s bouquet and the groom’s boutonniere are sky blue and your dress is orange.

It’s a good idea to either go with a shade of a color from the wedding scheme, or pick a neutral color like silver, blue, or chocolate. Tradition also says that black (the color of mourning) and white (the color of the bride’s dress) should be avoided.

Styles of Mother of the Groom Dresses

The style of dress really depends on the theme of the wedding. A formal or evening wedding certainly requires that you wear an evening dress, but for a more casual wedding you can probably find something suitable in your closet. Both one-piece dresses or two-piece dresses are acceptable choices.

When choosing the style of your dress, make sure you it flatters your body type and not just the department store mannequin. Try it on and evaluate it carefully, maybe bringing a friend along to offer feedback. You want a dress that draws attention to your best features, disguises problem areas, and creates the impression of balance in your figure.

How to Choose a Mother of the Bride Dress

Tradition says that the process for choosing a mother of the bride or groom dress is this:

1. Get general guidelines on color and style from the bride
2. The mother of the bride chooses a dress within those parameters
3. The mother of the bride then communicates with the mother of the groom, who chooses a coordinating dress
4. The mother of bride's dress should not clash with the bride's wedding gown.

However, it’s a little stiff, and many families aren’t particularly concerned about whether the mothers have coordinating outfits or not. It’s a delicate balance that your two families must work out together.

Mother of the Bride Shoes and Jewelry

Make sure to find matching shoes and jewelry to complete your outfit ahead of time, to avoid frantic last-minute shopping or squeezing into an uncomfortable pair of shoes on the wedding day.

Choosing the formal dress you will wear for your son or daughter’s wedding is fun. When was the last time you attended a formal event that required a special eveningwear dress? Accept input from the bride, but the final decision is yours. Choose something that looks great on you.

Bonus: To help your daughter (or soon to be daughter-in-law) in finding the perfect gown from all the available Modest Weddings Dresses or LDS Wedding Gowns for an LDS Wedding, please also see our three part article:

How to find Modest Wedding Dresses and LDS Wedding Gowns - Part I, II and III

Rose Haller is a Professional Wedding Planner, specializing in LDS Weddings and LDS Reception Planning for 30 years. She is Editor-in-Chief and Chief Creative Officer of WeddingLDS.com.

Rose was a Musical Theater Major as an undergrad. Rose is an Expert on LDS Wedding Gowns. Rose has both a Degree & a Professional Designation in Clothing Manufacturing and Fashion Merchandising. She and her husband, Dr. Howard Edward Haller, live in the Pacific Northwest, they have six grown children and a growing number of grandchildren; they are both active members of the LDS Church.

Sarah Caan took my order over the phone as I was having problems processing it through the website. She was very hepful and I also liased with her via email.

My Mam was very pleased with her suit the pictures do not do the colour and the quality of the material justice.
We were so lucky to have found Audrey's. I had looked for months for my mother of the bride outfit. I ended up ordering the week before the wedding. My outfit arrived, but it didn't fit. I ordered a different size and it made it with two days to spare. What a relief to know this quality vendor is available! Thank you, Audrey's!

The pants set I received at first was not what I was looking for, although the outfit was beautiful it was not the proper one for me. I called and arranged to have it returned for another style. When I received the replacement I was so surprised how beautiful it was. You can see the quality of workmanship and the beading work is awesome. This was so worth the money. I called the store today and thanked them for their help and to let them know how pleased I was. Should I need another formal outfit again I will not hesitate to use Audrey's and I will definitely recommend them to others.
Thank you so much for everything.
Jennifer
I was really afraid to buy a dress on line, but am so glad that I decided to go ahead and do it. I had been looking for a dress for the past 7 months and then saw exactly what I wanted on Aundrey's web page. I ordered, but with my measurements I sent in they suggested I order a size larger. I am so glad I took their advice. My dress came and it was perfect. The quality, the size, the color and the helpfulness through emails to be sure I was getting what I wanted! I love my dress and now can't wait to wear it!
Simply awesome my partner had ordered her outfit from another vendor who did not ship it or respond to emails and phone calls . We called Audreys and they helped get us an outfit. They followed up to make sure web received it. Very very nice people to do business with!
I would definitley recommend Audrey's. I was very leery about purchasing a dress for my mom even though I shop online very often. All my questions were answered promptly and my moms dress arrived within days. Not many online retailers allow you to return items but Audrey's does. If you're looking for a great dress for a mom, this is the place! Thanks so much!

I ordered a dress for my son's wedding - I gave them the measurements they requested and the size I wanted. I got a response next day advising me to take the bigger size as the one I ordered perhaps would have been very neat on, I took their advice and ordered the bigger size. The dress arrived and I am delighted it fits almost perfectly (just a few tweeks needing done) had I taken the size I ordered it would have been a disaster. I live in South Africa so to try and return the dress etc would have been a costly exercise.
I found this company very proffessional and giving the advice they did saved a lot of hassle.
The dress looks as good as it did in their picture on their website - the quality is very good and I am delighted.
Definately excellent service and value for money.
Delivery excellent as well I had the dress within 10 days.

Hello Audrey,
I needed an orange or tangerine gown to wear to my son's wedding. Although you thought the color was different, this was the color requested by the bride. Her mother and step mother wore fuchsia and my son’s step mother and I wore tangerine. After you confirmed whether the formal dresses you had on line could be ordered in orange, I decided to take a chance and order from your online store. I placed the order before Christmas, the day before you closed for the holiday. To my surprise, my dress was back mid January and the wedding was March 31. The two piece dress was perfect and so elegant. I want you to see how beautiful this color is in the spring, especially for an outside wedding. Let me know how can send you a picture.
Thank you again for great service,
Sylvia
Silver Spring, MD
We showed you some trends of the bridesmaid dresses (in case you missed it, see our previous post on "Explore Trends of Bridesmaid Dresses 2012"), and today we are giving you the scoop on another important role in the wedding - the mother of the bride! Either you are the mother of the groom or bride, you must dress up rightly at the ceremony! Read on and take a peek at some trends for Mother of the Bride Dresses 2012 and tips on choosing a suitable mother's dress.
Even if most the times mother of the brides wear long dresses, this year, many mother's dresses in knee length are fairly stylish. To some certain extent, knee length mother of the bride dresses make the ladies look sexy yet modish. Details such as ruffles, v-neckline and lace jacket all add feminine vibe and make the mothers look even more gorgeous. Although they are already mothers, it doesn't have to mean that they are no longer stylish.
If knee length dress is too tight or too short for you, think about tea length! Using medium length, the place where the hem falls about calf, tea length mother of the bride dresses are ideal choice to provide the lady a trendy look on her daughter or son’s big day.
When it comes to color of mother of the bride dresses, shades like purple, black and blue are popular this year. These colors have a great blend of elegance and femininity that works in mother at all ages.

In addition, two tone dress this year is perfect for a right mother image. Select short sleeves rather than sleeveless and choose a wide boat neck rather than wearing thin strapped gown, the ladywill look classy and modish with a deep empire neckline. Finish the look by pairing with pearl or earrings!



Tips on Choosing Mother of the Bride Dresses
1. Take your age into account! Of course you should neither wear something that make you look too mature, but nor choose something that are too revealing and funky, because it may offend the guestes and embarrass the bride and groom.

2. Wear jacket or bolero to avoid too much exposure for the dress. This detail will make the mother feel at her ease, and at the same time, appropriate for the wedding.

Mother Of The Groom Dresses
Mother Of The Groom Dresses
Mother Of The Groom Dresses
Mother Of The Groom Dresses
Mother Of The Groom Dresses
Mother Of The Groom Dresses
Mother Of The Groom Dresses
Mother Of The Groom Dresses
Mother Of The Groom Dresses
Mother Of The Groom Dresses
Mother Of The Groom Dresses

No comments:

Post a Comment